Friday 6 January 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! I wonder what 2012 will bring?!

I thought I would start the year by doing something that I have never done before.   I decided to join my first kal on Ravelry to make my first shawl (ok I know that is actually two things I have never done before!). The pattern we are following are 198 yds of heaven. I was rather worried by the pattern as I have only been knitting for a year but actually it was very easy to follow.

I chose a lovely squishy red  merino worsted weight yarn by Malabrigo.  I really enjoyed knitting with it as it is  my first project with this wool.  It was actually a treat to myself when I was investigating the lovely Yarn Cake store in Glasgow for the first time at the beginning of December.

It was actually a really quick knit with this being my progress from day one (sorry about the poor photo). Not bad since I was just picking it up when I could.

By the 2nd January I was only four rows away from finishing the main pattern.  However, due to other activities I only finished it yesterday (5th January).  Not bad going I thought.

Just about to come off the needles. (Note all the markers - a godsend, although I did find out quite near the end that it saves time if you count stitches between markers as you go rather than at the end of the row...!)
In the process of blocking....

I ended up reblocking the shawl this morning to get another two inches out of it.  Really looking forward to it drying so I can go show it off.

I also popped into town today to see what wool I could grab in the sale. More of that later I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment